Here’s what i learned today:
- ‘Dal’ is used for split lentils
- ‘Sabut’ is used for whole lentils
Well today my recipe is based on lentil i.e yellow moong dal or as we call it yellow split gram.Lentils are low in fat and has fiber and potassium.Which is very good for our health.We Indians use these regularly in various recipes, be it dal, khichdi, halva, chat, paratha etc…etc. Well lets start today with a snack recipe:
“Moong dal (aka Split Yellow Gram) ke pakora”
- 3 cups Moong dal
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Freshly grounded black pepper
- 1 Green chili
- Cilantro (dhania)
- Oil for frying
- Wash and soak the moong dal for 1 hour in water.
- Remove the water and grind it into the mixer coarsely.
- Mix black pepper, coriander seeds and chopped green chili into the batter.
- Fry the pakora into hot oil till golden brown.
- Garnish with cilantro.
Serve it with freshly made chutney and sauce 🙂
So here we have the pokadas…enjoy it.
Until next time…….keep smiling 🙂